|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 25 Oct 2012
Last Updated : 29 Sep 2017
Content Ref: TEC2908805
There are many backup options available within Veritas™ Backup Exec™. This article explains how to schedule a weekly full and daily duplicate backup of a single server to a disk with the weekly full backup automatically duplicating to a tape. To do so, follow the steps below:
Note: The screenshots show Backup Exec 2012 but the process is the same for BUE 2012, 2014, 15 and 16.
- Launch Backup.
- Click the 'Backup and Restore' tab.
- Click the Backup tab and select 'Back Up to Disk and then Duplicate to tape'.
- In the Backup Properties window, click OK.
- In the Name field, type a name for the backup.
- In the left-hand pane, click the Edit button to amend the selection list of the backup.
- Click OK.
- In the Backup Selections window, click the Browse tab.
- Expand the server name and then the drive location to be backed up.
- Select the folders to be backed up by ticking the box.
Note: A green tick means the selection will be backed up and a red cross means it is excluded from the backup.
- In the left-hand pane, click the Test/Edit Credentials button to amend the account used to perform the backup if required.
- Adjust the selection as required and click OK.
- In the Backup Options window, in the right-hand pane, an Incremental backup has been configured by default.
- Click Edit if you want to replace this with a Differential backup.
- From the window that appears, click the cross next to the Incremental entry to remove this.
- From the Add Backup Jobs By Method drop-down menu, select 'Differential Backup all changes since last full backup'.
- In the left-hand pane, amend the Backup Options as required, such as, how long the backup files are protected for, via the Storage option or adding a Pre/Post Commands to the backup job.
- Click OK once done.
- In the Duplicate Options window, under Duplicate, click the Edit button.
- Select the 'Duplicate data immediately after source task completes' radio button.
- In the left-hand menu, use the Storage option to select the correct media set for this tape backup.
- Click OK once done.
- Click OK to create the scheduled backup jobs.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: Backup Exec