|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 16 Oct 2019
Last Updated : 14 Oct 2020
Content Ref: TEC6971363
You have an RM Unify account which has either been created manually (via the RM Unify Management Console), via a CSV file upload, or by MIS Sync in Create mode and want to set a password recovery email address for times when you forget your password.
This process is not applicable to accounts provisioned by RM Unify AD Sync.
- Your chosen password recovery email address must be unique within the RM Unify datacentre and cannot exist as an attribute or credential against any other RM Unify account, whether that account is active or deleted.
- Your chosen password recovery email address should not be your school email address. Specifically it should not be the Microsoft® Office 365™ or G Suite email already linked to your RM Unify account. Should you be unable to access RM Unify (and therefore neither Office 365 or G Suite), then there is no use having a password recovery email sent to that inaccessible mailbox.
- If your RM Unify account has been provisioned from your local network via RM Unify AD Sync (either vanilla AD or CC4), you must reset your password on the network and let it sync to RM Unify.
- You alone can set your own password recovery email address and this needs to be done once you have successfully logged on.
|Set the password recovery email address|
- Log on to RM Unify and in the top-right, click your username.
- Choose My Profile and from the left-hand side, select Password Recovery.
- Enter your chosen password recovery email address and click Save.
- Go to your mailbox, where there will be an email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of 'RM Unify - Email Change Verification'.
- Click the link provided in the email, or copy and paste it into the same browser with which you are signed in to RM Unify.
- You will see an 'Email verification' page, advising "The email address has been verified".
|How to use your password recovery email address|
- From the RM Unify logon page, click the 'Forgotten your password?' link.
- Enter your password recovery email address and select Reset.
- In your mailbox, you will see an email from email@example.com with the subject of 'RM Unify - Password reset verification email'.
- Either click the 'click here' link in that email, or copy and paste the provided URL into a browser.
- You will see a 'Change Password' page where you can enter and verify a new password.
- Once your password has been successfully updated, click the 'Sign in with new password' button.
- You will be taken to the RM Unify logon page where you can sign in with your new password.
|I have not received a verification/reset email|
Check your junk mail folder and/or spam filter. All emails are sent from the firstname.lastname@example.org email address and so for your particular mail provider, you can choose to add the rmunify.com domain to the safe domain list or whitelist. Also, try adding the email@example.com email as a contact, which should prevent the emails being treated as spam/junk.
If you are still experiencing issues, then you may have to select a different email address to use. Where you have a parent RM Unify account, which is populated from the school's MIS, please speak to the school's administrator to get your MIS record updated with an alternative email address.
|'This email address is already used by another user' message|
|Password recovery email addresses are unique and cannot be in use by, or indeed linked in any way to, more than one RM Unify account. If you see this message when trying to set a password recovery email address, the most likely cause is that it is already in use by another of your accounts. For example, if you have an RM Unify account as a parent in another school, or if you have a separate RM Unify admin account where the desired email address is already in use. |
|The verification/reset email appears to have expired|
The password recovery email verification link is valid for 48 hours. The password reset verification link is valid for 24 hours.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: RM Unify password recovery email address, home email, private, personal, reset