|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 04 Aug 2015
Last Updated : 05 Jan 2021
Content Ref: TEC4688139
If you have recently upgraded SQL server on a SIMS.net server, or are in the process of upgrading, or are seeing the following message in the Groupcall Xporter logs where the RMUnify-Data job is installed, please follow the instructions below.
Error message usually seen in Groupcall Xporter's logs after making changes to SQL server:
"EGCSqlException: SIMS: Login 3 Failed - A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible".
|Amending the connect.ini file|
When upgrading SQL server in a SIMS.net environment, it is essential to amend the connect.ini file used by Groupcall Xporter so it is able to connect to the new database. In order to do this, please complete the following steps:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\sims.net. If SIMS.net is installed in another location, right-click the SIMS.net shortcut which can be found in the Windows® Start menu and select Open File Location.
- Open the connect.ini file in Notepad. If the connect.ini file has a redirect to another location, go to that location and open the connect.ini file.
- Copy the contents of this file and close Notepad.
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Groupcall\Xporter and open connect.ini in Notepad. If Groupcall Xporter is installed in another location, right-click the Xporter Management Console desktop shortcut and select Open File Location.
- Paste the contents of the SIMS.net connect.ini file into the Groupcall Xporter connect.ini. Save the changes and close Notepad.
|Run RMUnify-Data job to ensure Groupcall Xporter is functioning correctly|
- Launch the Xporter Management Console desktop shortcut, in the left-hand pane, click Jobs.
- In the middle pane, click RMUnify-Data to highlight it.
- In the right-hand pane, click Run Job Now. Wait few minutes for the job to complete.
- If the RMUnify-Data job completed successfully its status will be presented as Idle. If however, it reports as failed, please review the log and seek further assistance.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: Groupcall, Xporter, SQL, upgrade, connect.ini, RM Unify MIS Sync, RMUnify-Data