|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 28 Jan 2003
Last Updated : 22 Oct 2012
Content Ref: TEC65009
Your reason for attempting to start your Tablet PC in Safe Mode may be one of the following:
- You cannot get into normal Windows.
- You get a Windows blue screen STOP error on startup.
- You have installed new software or a driver and now Windows will not start properly.
You will need a USB keyboard to be able to access Safe Mode.
- Switch the Tablet PC off. (If it will not switch off, hold the power button for about four seconds)
- Plug in the USB keyboard.
- Power on the Tablet PC.
- At the RM logo screen, tap the F8 function key.
- The Windows Advanced Options menu will appear.
- Choose Safe Mode with the arrow keys on the keyboard, and press Enter.
Note that the Tablet Pen is fully functional in Safe Mode.
Options for performing diagnostics in Safe Mode are:
- Start System Restore.
Click Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools and System Restore.
- Uninstall software which may be preventing Windows from starting properly.
Click Start, Control Panel and Add/Remove Programs.
- Uninstall drivers which may be preventing Windows from starting properly.
Click Start, Control panel, System, Hardware and Device Manager.
- Run the System Configuration Utility.
Click Start, Run, type msconfig and tap OK.
- Run Windows Help & Support.
Click Start and Help and Support.
Look in the following places for further assistance with diagnosing your problems:
Note that for some diagnostic procedures you may need USB or Firewire CD or floppy drive accessories.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: safe, mode, tablet, pc, win, wix, w, diagnostics, startup, start up, problems, basic, desktop, sr1