|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 06 Jan 2012
Content Ref: TEC2368263
The following error message is reported in the Symantec® Backup Exec job log file when performing an append operation:
"No appendable media could be mounted. Error - Mount failed. Physical Volume Library Media not found"
Symantec Backup Exec backup fails with the following error message:
Error category: Job Errors
Error: e0000f16 - The operation failed to acquire the minimum number of drives and media needed.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-3862
|This issue occurs because the option 'Append to media, terminate job if no appendable media is available' was specified in the backup job properties, and the backup was terminated as no appendable media in the targeted media set was available for use. Blank media and scratch media are not considered as appendable media. Media must already contain at least one backup set to be considered appendable. |
To resolve this issue, you need to enable the option to overwrite the backup if no appendable media is available in the targeted media set. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open the Backup Exec console.
- Click the Job Setup tab, as highlighted in the image below.
- In the Policies section, right-click on the policy which controls your backup and select Properties. For example, RM Default in the image above.
- In the Policy Properties window, under the 'Job templates' section, select any tape backup template, e.g. Daily Differential.
Note: If the issue is related to RM Disk to Disk to Tape (D2D2T), then select any Duplicate template, e.g. Daily Differential Duplicate.
- Click the Edit Template button, as highlighted in the image below. This will open the Properties window of the specific backup template you have chosen.
- In the Properties window, under Destination, click 'Device and Media'.
- In the right-hand pane, under the 'When this job begins' section, tick the 'Append to media, overwrite if no appendable media is available' tickbox.
- Click OK.
- Repeat from step 4, choosing any other Duplicate Job templates you need to amend.
This will allow Backup Exec to overwrite and not terminate the backup, if no appendable media is available in the targeted media set.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: backupexec, backup, V-79-57344-3862, append media,