|Technical Rating: |
|Published Date : 04 Feb 2008
Last Updated : 14 Jun 2012
Content Ref: DWN1100805
Easiteach® Reader 3.4 is a cut down version of Easiteach 3.4 that is free to download and use. Designed for viewing and sharing Easiteach files, it will allow you to use existing Easibooks on every make of interactive whiteboard. It is a simple-to-use tool that will allow you to interact with and annotate existing Easibooks but you cannot save or print your changes.
This document explains how you can download and install Easiteach Reader 3.4. If you are already using Easiteach 3.4 you do not need to download Easiteach Reader.
|Step one: download Easiteach Reader|
Click the download icon below to copy the Easiteach Reader installation file to your computer.
Choose the Save option, and choose a location to save this to.
|Step two: installing Easiteach Reader on a computer|
- When the file has finished downloading, ensure that you are logged on as an administrator user and, using Microsoft® Windows® Explorer, browse to the file Easiteach Reader 3.4.exe saved to the location in step one above. Double-click on the filename to start the installation.
- Click Unzip.
- Click OK on the 'unzipped successfully' dialog and the Easiteach Reader installation will begin.
- At the first screen click Next.
- Choose the button to accept the displayed licence agreement, click Next.
- We recommend you choose the Complete installation, click Next.
- If you accept the default installation location, C:\Program Files\Research Machines\Easiteach Reader, click Next. If you want to change the installation location, click Custom, Next, and then 'Change...', choose the installation location and click Next.
- Click Install to install Easiteach Reader.
- Click Finish when you see the message InstallShield Wizard Completed.
|Installing third-party applications|
Easiteach Reader can make use of a number of third-party applications. You will need to install these applications to your computer to unlock the full functionality of Easiteach Reader. Although it will work without them, you may not be able to use all Easibook features, such as viewing movies, Macromedia® Flash® animations or help files. The download buttons below will direct you to the location to download these third party applications, accurate at the time of authoring this document.
Microsoft® Windows® XP SP2 and Windows Vista®
|To run Easiteach Reader, click the Microsoft® Windows® Start button, and choose All Programs, RM Easiteach, RM Easiteach Reader.|
|Uninstalling Easiteach Reader|
If you need to uninstall Easiteach on a standalone computer:
- From the Microsoft® Windows® Start menu, click Control Panel (you may need to click Settings first). Double-click Add or Remove Programs. A list of programs installed on your computer is displayed in the Add or Remove Programs dialog.
- Select RM Easiteach Reader from the list and click Remove.
- An Add or Remove dialog is displayed, asking you to confirm the deletion.
- Click Yes to remove RM Easiteach Reader.
- As required, repeat steps 2 to 4 to remove any of the third-party applications you may have installed to support RM Easiteach Reader. Note that you do not need to remove these applications, and they may be useful to you outside of RM Easiteach Reader.
- Close the Add or Remove Programs dialog.
If this article has not helped provide a solution then it is also possible to
log a call...
Document Keywords: driver